Community Affairs and Youth
WMCC Community Events
Our Commitment to Health and Well Being
One of the goals of the West Medford Community Center is to facilitate events, recreational activities and programs to increase the health and well being for for the youth, teens and adults.
This is done through ongoing programming and special events.
Boys and Girls Summer Basketball
The West Medford Community Center supports 3 different Exercise classes:
- Dena D. will be holding Zumba classes on Saturday Mornings
- Barbara Freeman will be offering a “Strength Training” also on Saturday mornings. This training Incorporates cardio, strength, and yoga into one workout
- We are also offering classes in “Beginner Hoop Dance,” which is just what it sounds like, dancing with Hula Hoops (Hoops are provided) on Tuesday Evenings
Click For More Information, please just call us at the Center, 781-483-3042
Hoops and Hope 2017
We are gearing up for the Second Annual “Hoops and Hope” Basketball event, scheduled for Saturday, August 26th, from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM, in Dugger Park (1 Mystic Street, Medford MA.
This day is free and open to the public, and will include:
- The 5th Annual Bandon Bolden Basketball Tournament
- A Girl’s High School Basketball Tournament
- NBA/NFL/MLS Sports Clinics for Youth and Teens
- Girl’s Leadership Round Table
- Silent Auction
- Food and Celebrations